Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Day 2: Mischief Town

Before morning meeting today, I was approved by Mrs. Zale and asked to do a presentation tomorrow to the school about the network and about Saint Benedict's. That will be a particularly interesting assignment.

Today I experienced my first studio blocks. For Benedict's students, studio blocks are like electives, and there are four of them each week. Usually, they're music-related. My first studio block was Current Events / Debate, wherein we had a heated conversation about how to go about fixing the Welfare and Education Issue in Newark. I enjoyed this because I was able to talk to the other students about something about which I am very passionate, and I was able to answer questions and explain to them the situation in Newark. At the end, I was told that I should run for Mayor.

Afterwards, I went to my second studio block, Songwriting Lab, where I worked with the class to come up with a song titled "Mischief Town". Sitting on the floor brainstorming was probably the most unconventional class structure I've ever seen.

After school, I went to baseball practice, where the week ethic was so appalling that the coach is considering disbanding the team. I really hope he doesn't.

1 comment:

  1. Jon,
    I love reading your posts. Can you post some pics of Charlemint to make us jealous?

    ReplyDelete