Wednesday, May 11, 2016

I'm A Star!

Starry Night Sky at my host home in Conway
Today I gave a presentation about Saint Benedict's and the network to the entire school. I talked to them about how it was that I came to Charlemont and what the St. Benedict's experience is like. I also showed them the 60 Minutes segment and explained how student leadership works. They asked me questions ranging from the trail to what inner city life is like. A lot of the students came up to me afterwards asking me how to coordinate a trip to Saint Benedict's, so hopefully this presentation will bring more diversity to the already diverse Saint Benedict's.

The above photo was taken from my phone outside my host parents' house. I stood outside, phone out, mouth agape, staring at the sky and laughing like an idiot because there're just so many stars and everything is beautiful. There are stars to my left and right and in all directions. You just don't see stars in Newark. My host family looked at me a little strangely when I was just standing there, grinning and laughing to myself without a joke to laugh at.

-Jonathan Lewis, signing out

No comments:

Post a Comment